1. Why is the Conference being postponed?
Adaptation Futures 2020 Conference is being postponed due to concerns aroundthe outbreak of COVID-19. The organizers of the AF2020 have taken this decision to guarantee the health of everyone involved, and ensure a high level of attendance and quality of the programme.
Advisories on travel restrictions and public eventsfollowing the increasing risk assessment and spread of the COVID-19 by the Government of India led the organisers to take this decision. The restrictions being imposed were impacting the ability of many colleagues to participate. The announcement by the World Health Organization (WHO) declaring COVID-19 a pandemic has further reinforced this decision.
Please visit the Government of India websites for latest health and travel advisories:https://www.mohfw.gov.in/ ; https://mea.gov.in/ ; https://www.mohfw.gov.in/
2. What are the new dates and venue?
The new dates for the Conference are 29th September – 1st October 2020, with 28th September 2020 as the pre-Conference ‘capacity building’ day. The venue shall remain the same, i.e. India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi, India.
3. What is the impact on the Conference programme?
The Conference organizers will work to retain the original programme as far as possible, barring a few minorchanges. The new programme shall be updated on our website in due course.
1. I had already registered for the Conference, what about my registration?
All paid registrations shall continue to be registered for the Adaptation Futures in September 2020. You would not be required to register again for the new dates - 28th September – 1st October 2020.
2. Registrations on the AF2020 website are temporarily suspended. Will you still accept new registrations? Yes, AF2020 shall open the registrations page shall reopen in due time with revised dates.
1. What about the accepted sessions and abstracts?
All confirmed abstracts and sessions proposals remain as is.All merged and 45-minute sessions, too, remain the same.
2. Will I have to resubmit my Session or Abstract?
No, you are not required to resubmit yourabstracts and sessionproposals.
3. Will the Conference organisers open a call for submissions again?
No, the call shall not be reopened. 4. What about Attendance Grant awards and applications?
If you were selected for an attendance grant, your grant still holds as was notified to you. An updated invitation letter with funding details will be made available to you in due course.
5. Will you open the call for new Attendance Grant applications?
No new attendance grant applications will be considered.
1. Will the Pre-Conference Capacity Building Day happen?
AF2020 shall host the Pre-Conference Capacity Building day on 28th September 2020. The venue shall remain the same, i.e. India Habitat Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi. Please follow our website for more updates on the schedule.
2. Will you still hold the Early Career Workshop and MasterClasses? The Early Career Workshop shall happen as planned. The schedule of all MasterClasses with details shall be updated soon.
3. I was selected for the Early Career Workshop, does my spot still hold? Yes, previously selectedparticipants shall continue to be considered for the Early Career Workshop. We shall not be reopening the call for Early Career Workshop.
4. I had registered for a MasterClasses, what about it? Previously registered participants shall continue to be registered for the MasterClasses. New registrations shall be opened for MasterClasses in due time, we request you to follow our website and social media handles regular updates on the same.
Incase of any other questions, you may get in touch with the AF2020 Secretariat for any queries via the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our contact us page for more details